Tuesday, January 12, 2010

see brighter


we have been waiting for a little over a week now. jared asked almost every day if his glasses were ready for him to try on. FINALLY, they called to tell us that his glasses were ready. after school, we went and picked them up. the lady showed jared how to properly take the glasses on and off. while she was doing this, i was sitting next to a boy about the same age as jared. he was chewing gum (actually more like smacking it), and blowing bubbles. one of them happened to pop and get stuck on his glasses. i thought to myself, "oh geez...one more thing i have to look forward to!!!" anyway, i took a few pictures of jared inside the store and as we walked out he said, "WOW!!! i can see brighter now!" i think he means that things are more focused! so glad that he can see now. poor kid...i have been telling him for so long to pay attention to the homework or the book he's reading and didn't know he was actually having a hard time seeing it.

4 comments:

  1. he looks so handsome in his glasses! I remember in third grade when I got my first glasses. when I put them on, I was astonished at how green the grass was, and the leaves, and kept commenting - mom said she felt so bad because she didn't know how badly I had been seeing for a while!!! Since Doug and I both have such crummy vision, I guess it's just a matter of time before Eli will need glasses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know...i feel horrible for not knowing. or checking sooner. when you know more, you do better. we'll definitely keep and eye out on jared and lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the specs! That kid is a CUTIE!!!

    When I was a kid and got glasses for the first time, things looked brighter to me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! Such a big boy! (Just keep him away from the Red Rifle BB Guns. Har har har.) Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete